International Bursa Theatre Festival for Children and Young People
Bursa Culture, Art and Tourism Foundation, as the promoter of the
Bursa International Theatre Festival for Children and Young People,
has the experience of organizing festivals since 1962.
The first theatre festival was organized in 1996, by the
Foundation, with the artistic support of Assitej Turkey and
auspices of Bursa Metropolitan Municipality. It has been growing
each year since then.
The aims of the festival are:
- To provide children the opportunity to communicate through
- To tell them what the object of theater is,
- To show children what kind of a relationship exists between
reality and theatre stage,
- To make children notice their own being; help them to find out
what they feel and what others feel,
- Contributing the development of children and youth
- Carrying the theatre to a higher artistic level
It is hosting at about 12 different theater companies and 120
theater men from all around world each year. It is going to be held
for the 15th time during October 2010.
In 2007, within the festival program, Assitej International's
Board of Directors met in Bursa for the first time in Turkey.
Beside the theatre performances, our festival also concerns about
the informative and educative activities such as work shops,
forums, panels and discussions of the performances at the end of
the day. Culture Centers all around Bursa are being used as the
festival venue so that to be able to reach children at all age from
all round the city.
Tel: (0224) 234 49 12
Fax: (0224) 234 49 11